Monday, January 28, 2013

love is all you need

I've always liked Valentine's Day.

Probably because it's a fun holiday with no expectations.
And the main decorating colors - red and pink - are bright and cheery.
And who doesn't love hearts?

The only room I add a touch of Valentine's Day decor to is my kitchen.
I dressed up the china cabinet glass with some vintage cards
and used red and white decor inside.





 The decorative bird cage hanging in the kitchen window is the perfect
place to hang ornaments - for any season or holiday.
And this is really weird... I just now noticed from this photo that the bird cage itself
 has heart shapes - one at the top and three in a row at the bottom.
And the leaves on the plant are heart-shaped, too.
Enter Twilight Zone music...





Love begins at home and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put into that action.
(Mother Teresa)



4 comments:

  1. I love your Valentine touches! So cute! Just enough to make it comfy for sure!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a good point...no expectations! I love all of your simple decorations. That bird cage is awesome and really looks cute with the little pink hearts. I don't decorate for Valentines Day, it just comes too quick after Christmas I guess. I noticed your Lazy Days Of Summer Cookbook, I have that one, too! Do you have a favorite recipe from it?

    What a gloomy day out there, at least it's warm...I'm airing out the house! ;-D

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bird cage! Lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it interesting on how we can see things in pictures that our eyes miss? I love your touches of Valentine decorating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!