Monday, March 11, 2013

dreary monday ~ but what i have to look forward to

 This is the view outside my living room window right now.

Nevermind my neighbor's dilapidated, eyesore-of-a-garage. 
I'm talking the gray skies and endless rain. Seems like we're either getting
socked by snow or rain. Can't seem to catch a (sunny) break.


I have zilch motivation to get anything done in this kind of weather.
I did manage to read a few magazines in my huge pile. Yeah, I kinda
have a magazine and book addiction. What can I say ~ I love to read! 


 Had to pick up some cheery yellow flowers when I was at Trader Joes the other day.
Still amazes me that you can get a huge bunch for only $3.99. There was enough
to put in three spots in my house. One small bunch in the kitchen...


a centerpiece for the kitchen table...


and another bunch for the side table in the living room.
 

Despite the gloomy weather, I have a huge dose of cheer coming my way.
 Tomorrow, I'm meeting Jane from Blondie's Journal for lunch. Think we'll stop talking
long enough to actually eat our food? I'm sure the time will fly by.
Thursday, I'm meeting Penny from At Home in English Valley for a mutual
 favorite activity ~ thrifting!
And then on Saturday, I'm meeting 24 other bloggers at The 4th Annual
Midwest Meet-up. Not only will locals from the Chicago suburbs be coming,
 but bloggers from Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan, too.
 And  Karianne from Thistlewood Farms and Heather from At the Picket Fence
   are coming all the way from Kentucky!


Sooo...be gone with you, gray skies and rain. I'm kicking your dreary butt with 
a sunshiny dose of friendship.



9 comments:

  1. Melanie!!

    Oh how I wish that was there to attend the Midwest Meet Up!! What a wonderful and informative week you have coming up-I just know you will be updating us!! I am thrilled for you!! Your flowers are really pretty too-love the baking soda can for a flower vase!

    Thank you for stopping by this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jemma - I can't wait to post pictures and tell you all about how the week went!

      Delete
  2. I hear you on the gray days! A very good time to read. I need to get some magazines to motivate me for some garden planning and sprucing up the house. I have heard such good things about the flowers at Trader Joe's. Our store is not conveniently close by so it's rare that I get in there.

    Looking forward to lunch! After all of our loooong emails over the past few months I feel like I know you already. And I can't wait to hear about the Blogger event. So wish I could go. Don't forget to bring your camera! ;-D

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, too bad you don't have a TJ's close to you. You'd love it! Though it's a dangerous store: one of those you go into for just a few things and walk out $100 later. lol I feel I know you already, too...but it'll be even better to meet you in person tomorrow! :-)

      Delete
  3. I love your spring touches....the flowers are so pretty! Have fun at the blogger event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a dreary few weeks. Have fun at all your events!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard for me to get up and do things when it's dreary outside, so I totally understand! I need a beautiful, sunny day to be at my best.

    Your flowers look so pretty! I just picked up an inexpensive bouquet at the grocery store last night. I love having fresh flowers in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flowers sure do give us a needed boost, don't they?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!