Tuesday, June 4, 2013

striking it lucky at goodwill

 A Goodwill jaunt was racing through my veins today, so off I went.
Here's a few of the goodies I found today. I took the pictures right after I got
home and unpacked everything, so I apologize that the photos aren't
the greatest with the glassware all cloudy and dirty.

First up is a glass cloche. It's hard to tell in this photo, but there's raised,
curved lines going down the length of the glass.


I tend to store a lot of things in jars ~ dried pasta, grains, and beans ~ and if
they're in vintage Ball jars, so much the better. What a deal for 99 cents!


What made this particular Ball jar even more interesting was the lid. I'd never
seen one like this before.


I loved these smokey blue glasses and they're even prettier
now that they've been through the dishwasher. I'll have to make a place setting
at the table and show you all how lovely these look when clean. ;-)


A crisp white tray which will be perfect in a vignette, and a pretty bracelet ~
both were $1.99 each.


Isn't this a pretty mixed-media picture? It's a Kelly Rae Roberts 8x8 matted print.
They retail for $29. My price...99 cents!


 I was excited to find a queen-sized Ralph Lauren bed skirt in perfect
condition for only $2.99. This retails for $80! This will be perfect in our
master bedroom, as it's done in blues.


 Other finds not pictured...a 12-pack box of compact fluorescent lightbulbs
for $4.99; a cookbook and two novels; a few shirts for myself; and two
brand-new, short-sleeved Brooks Brothers dress shirts for Brian. Another
true deal: I looked them up online and found they retail for $78. I paid $2.99.
Woo-hoo for thrift shopping!



17 comments:

  1. What great finds. Love the cloche and ooh - those blue glasses are gorgeous!


    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes amen! Ralph Lauren sheets are the best too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, too bad they didn't have those, too!

      Delete
  3. Melanie, sounds like a really fun shopping trip and I am happy you found so many treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I love finding treasures. :-)

      Delete
  4. I love thrift shopping for the deals I can find on things for my home and me! Love the cloche and the blue glasses are great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love thrift shopping too, Linda. Obviously. lol

      Delete
  5. Great finds Mel! I was thinking of stopping by the Goodwill while running errands today, but you found all the good stuff! Love those glasses, can't believe you found a cloche and even if you couldn't use the bed skirt, that's a lot of fabric for a few dollars! Great scores! Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny, Penny...I was thinking of emailing you at the last minute and asking if you wanted to meet me there. I probably should have!

      Delete
  6. Wow! You did strike it lucky at GW. Lots of great purchases. I love the collage. Hope you are having a wonderful week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammy! I am indeed having a wonderful week - hope you are, too. :-)

      Delete
  7. You really did get lucky! What great finds...love the unusual ball jar, the Ralph Lauren bedskirt (what a steal!) and oh my word what a great deal on a Brooks Brothers' shirt!! You definitely have a better Goodwill store than we do around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular GW store I go to has THE best finds of any GW store I've ever been to - and I've been to a lot of them! I think it's all about the location. :-)

      Delete
  8. You had a wonderful thrifting day, Melanie! Great bedskirt, and I've never seen a jar lid like that either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up the jar lid on eBay - the jars with that type of lids sell for a bit more, but not super pricey. I got a good deal for 99 cents though!

      Delete
  9. Hey Melanie- Great deals. I have the matching Ralph Lauren sheets but I didn't get a deal on them ;) J

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment!