Tuesday, March 27, 2012

fluffing my nest for spring

In my post from March 19th, I showed a picture of a green, glass bottle
that I picked up at TJ Maxx. I had it on a stack of books on the buffet
in my living room and was saying that maybe it would look better
with some pussy willows sticking out of it. A reader commented that
 forsythia would also look nice. Yes, indeed!
Lo and behold, I was in a little shop in town this weekend and found
some nice sprigs of pussy willows for $3. Bingo!

I moved the green bottle to the console table and put it
in-between the two red lamps.
What do you think?


At this same shop, I also found a spring candle wreath.
I had this wire candle holder and green candle in a storage box
here at home, so no need to buy those items.


And then I couldn't resist this cute, mini chick pillow.
It's on a small shelf in my kitchen for now.
I "play" with decor quite often, so it might end up somewhere else. ;-)


Found this sweet Lefton figurine at the local antique mall a couple of months ago.
I think the bunny looks a bit evil, lol.


Like objects look better in groups instead of scattered around,
so I lined these bunnies up on the ledge of the china cabinet...


I bought these miniature wooden Easter eggs from World Market
a few years ago, and I know they're made for hanging since
they have strings, but I think they also look pretty 
stuffed under a cloche.


These are just a few of the spring touches I've created in my home.
Flannel sheets and down comforters are packed away; wooly throws
draped over couches and chairs have been replaced with lighter blankets
for chilly mornings and evenings.
Even hubby has been in a spring cleaning mood, with working on
cleaning out the garage and basement.
We still have a lot more work to do, but it's a start.


3 comments:

  1. My favorite is the chick pillow, I do have a fondness for birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my favorite is the cloche with eggs. Everything is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty spring touches! The pussywillows look great in the vase!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!