Tuesday, December 6, 2022

my christmas mantel

Minimal and easy is my Christmas decorating motto, and I think it gets moreso that way every year. The less to dig out, fool around with, pack back up, the better. I did have fun decorating my mantel this year though. This turned out to be my favorite part of the Christmas decor.


I had a collection of bottle brush trees, most of them purchased the past couple of years from a local shop, Vintage Art & Findings. Last month I was in Target and spied some inexpensive modern trees that I thought would be an interesting mixture with the bottle brush trees.


I picked up this cute JOY banner at Vintage Art & Findings this year. The felt ball garland I bought years ago at Hobby Lobby.


Added some fairy lights among the trees...


The view at night.


Hope everyone has been staying healthy. Covid, flu and RSV are rampant right now. Brian and I have been sick since right after Thanksgiving, but we're both on the mend. Neither of us had been sick in years, not even a cold, so I guess it was our turn. Thankful for strong, healthy immune systems! 

I'll be back soon to show you my other little bits of decor in the living room and kitchen.
💖


13 comments:

  1. I really love your mantle. It looks so festive, yet very elegant. I am glad you are feeling better. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mantel. It looks so pretty at night! Glad you are both on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantle looks lovely. I hear you on the simplifying the whole process. Glad to hear that you are both feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantel is beautiful! It's funny you posted this because I just found an old post I never published about my mantel. After reading about yours, I may have to publish mine.

    I am glad that you and Brian are feeling better.😘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soothing and lovely. I especially the use of two garlands, but the mix of trees is so pleasing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you both are feeling better. Love your sweet mantel. Looks so pretty with the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this mantel! It's just beautiful and so festive. Glad you're on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a grouping of trees. My mantle has that also. All of your photos are so pretty and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mantel...so simple and elegant! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melanie, now I realize that I saw your beautiful mantel on Instagram first and was so impressed with it but somehow slipped up and didn't see it here and leave a comment. You have such a good mix of elements there! And it's so restrained, something I have a problem with myself. I think your mantel is a winner! And it's magical at night too, which I'm sure you've enjoyed at the end of a day getting over being sick. I hope you're all well now. Our daughter was diagnosed with long Covid this summer but felt better as her doctor prescribed an IV--I've forgotten what was in it but within a short time she felt a hundred percent better. The flu has hit some of our family bad lately but thankfully RH and I have been well, still not having had Covid. Probably shouldn't have said that, right? Uh-oh, now I've hexed myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melanie, I love your mantel! It's so beautiful in its simplicity, and for some reason I find myself drawn to decorative little trees this year:) The shelf over my kitchen sink holds all the small ones I could round up. So pretty, and they will stay there after Christmas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mantle is absolutely marvelous; I love the simplicity of it all and the mirror reflects so much light. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!