Wednesday, April 13, 2022

beautiful houses

Spring has been behind here in northeast Illinois. It's been unseasonably cold with lots of rain, and even some snow. Buds are just now forming on the trees and my daffodils are finally up. Otherwise, we've had way too many days of gloom and not much sunshine. So when this past Sunday beckoned with warmer temps and sunshine, we headed to the lakefront (Lake Michigan) for a long walk.


This walking path along the lake was filled with people walking with dogs or pushing strollers, bikers and runners. One of those days where it simply felt good to be alive. One thing to be said about the long winters here: it sure makes one appreciate spring!


I've showed houses in Evanston on my blog in the past. This town has some real charmers. Hope you enjoy the ones I saw on my walk this time as much as I did...













Happy Easter and Passover to those who celebrate!

7 comments:

  1. Those houses are beautiful! I would take anyone of them in a heartbeat! Happy Easter week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The houses are gorgeous! I'd love to tour all of them but would especially love to see what's inside that three story turret. So glad your spring is finally there, Melanie. I know it makes you happy to have it. Today is our first day here without the heat turned on and we may break a record as it's 87 degrees outside. Things will be popping out now. Happy Easter week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to live or at least vacation in a house with a turret!! How fun that would to decorate. Of course, that kind of house needs at least two cats. Happy Easter week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many beautiful houses on the North Shore. It's beautiful today, although a bit windy and cold. Happy Easter to you and Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to your state. Looks lovely. Bet those houses are really expensive!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all those old homes along the Lake. The history to these homes are amazing too. I always like to think about all the families that have lived in these beautiful homes. Glad you had a great day to walk and sight see the homes. Happy Easter. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know spring comes a little earlier here, but still, winter seems to last forever. I often wonder if I would adore spring as much as I do if it wasn't for the gloomy winters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!