Thursday, October 1, 2020

thank you ~ and meet petunia

Thank you for your kind words on my last post regarding Phil and his death anniversary. I truly appreciate the support. It was 11 years on September 25th. Seems impossible he's been gone that long. Forever 21. This year was a bit easier than last year...maybe because ten years is one of those milestone dates. Or maybe because I put my needs out there to a certain group of friends and they responded with nothing but love and encouraging messages. It helped carry me through the extra hard day.

Phil, Brian, Tim ~ 1997

This past weekend, Brian and I visited Ginger Blossom ~ a farm in Richmond, Illinois where they sell ethnic and traditional crafts, rugs, furniture, sweaters, textiles and antiques from all over the world.


The property is beautiful and serene, with little buildings dotted here and there filled with all kinds of ethnic goods.





The main barn is filled to the rafters with all kinds of cool stuff...







Wait. They have CATS? 💓

The blue one kept calling my name. We walked around for awhile, thinking and talking about it, and came back to it twice. And finally decided we needed to bring it home with us.


Here she is in front of the fireplace.


I named her Petunia. She's well-behaved and doesn't cost a fortune in vet bills.


Until next time ~ stay safe and well.
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I love Peatunia! I am sure I spelled that wrong. I had a guinea pig with that name when I was a child, so you'd think I would know how to spell it. :)
    I need to get to that shop sometime. It looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo is touching - and you are kind to share here Melanie.
    That must have been a great day out - what a super place. Petunia will definitely be a very well behaved family 'pet' - she is so attractive - love the bird on her tummy! Love the round mirror on your mantel.

    Fall is here and like you I'm loving it.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petunia looks so great with your turquoise blue chair! Glad you had a fun day! Looks like a cool store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new kitty looks purrrrfect sitting there by the fireplace. We will never stop loving and missing those we love . . . the heart banks all of our treasured moments together. I still cry everyday and most days way more than once, but that is the price of love and love is the best thing in life and it is forever lasting. We were blessed and I for one am very grateful for that and I know that you are too. God bless you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I love all the boho stuff I see there.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Petunia is sweet and nice with the chair near. Glad you had a nice day in Richmond. Happy Friday. Have a great weekend. Hugs. Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Petunia is a pretty girl, but probably not very snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Petunia is looking very cute where you have placed her. That looks like a very fun outing with so many things to look at.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!