Saturday, April 29, 2017

cookbook review - one pan & done



Who doesn't like to make delicious meals using just one sheet pan, cast iron skillet, or baking pan? I found this cookbook to be full of delicious, healthy recipes that are simple enough for weeknight dinners, yet impressive enough to serve to guests.

From starters, snacks and sides to breakfast, lunch, dinner and even dessert, this cookbook covers it all. There's even a chapter on vegetarian main dishes.

Each recipe has a short description, the list of ingredients (none of which are obscure), and the instructions. Best of all, most of the recipes have full page photos.





The author, Molly Gilbert is a graduate of the French Culinary Institute, former cooking instructor and private chef, and former recipe tester for the kitchen of Saveur. She's also a food blogger at Dunk and Crumble

I've made a few recipes from this book and look forward to trying more. Definitely a thumbs-up cookbook!

I received One Pan & Done from Blogging for Books for my honest, personal opinion review.

10 comments:

  1. This looks like a really good cookbook. My Mom still loves to cook and reads cookbooks like they are a novel. I'll look for this one!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the sheet pan dinners are a great way to go. It seems like a fairly effortless way to get a healthy meal on the table.
    I like the looks of the cashew chicken and veggies. Will have to check out Molly's blog and look for the book too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those one dish meals like that. I do them in casseroles but don't often think about doing them in a skillet. GREAT idea and I love the cookbook. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cookbook would be right up my alley. I love cooking like this, so easy and much faster than cooking everything in different pans. Thanks for sharing, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cook books with photos . . . I ask you, how do you know what it's suppose to look like without a photo and what makes you want to try it more than a photo? One pan sounds wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great, Mel. I wasn't thrilled with the cover of the book...not visually interesting but the pics inside, as well as the way the recipes are written kept my attention. And of course, reading the recipes you photographed made me a believer this lady knows her stuff. I'm going to check it out on Amazon.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One pan and done?? For someone who doesn't like to cook, this sounds like the perfect recipe!! Yup...a pun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just now learning about 'sheet pan suppers.' What a great idea, especially for summertime when I'm always looking for quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love one pan meals, especially sheet pan suppers. That risotto looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I broke my own rule this week and made risotto for guests. It came out great, but I typically don't like to make things that need constant attention when there's company over. It worked out ok since our kitchen is open to the living room, otherwise I wouldn't have done it.

    I'm with Dewena...love meals that can be made in one pot. I'm sure my hubby loves them too since he's the clean up guy :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!