Thursday, December 16, 2021

christmas in the kitchen

It's now a mad dash to Christmas day. As usual, I haven't wrapped any presents yet (I hate wrapping, so I procrastinate) and I'm just beginning my baking. I'm not too concerned about that though, because I'm only making two types of Christmas cookies this year. I make cookie gift boxes for three neighbors, and the rest of the cookies will be put out on Christmas Eve when we have some people over.

I'm behind in basically everything right now, not just Christmas stuff. I had a medical problem come out of the blue last weekend and I ended up in the ER. It was scary and very painful...but I'm on the mend now. On one of the days where I couldn't do anything due to being in so much pain, I said to Brian, "I just want my boring regular life back!" Oh, how we take our little lives, such as they are, for granted. Until we're sidelined. 

Enough of that. Onto Christmas decor in my kitchen.

Yes, please! And I'll even take some snow on Christmas.


A collection of Christmas glasses and a Marshall Field's crock in the cubby, and a trio of Santa mugs above the stove...


Pretty red glasses that glow in the sunshine alongside a grouping of Christmas plates...


One of the views in my kitchen...


Didn't do much to my china cabinet...a few pieces of decor here and there.


Collection of Christmas mugs. The two red and white King Arthur mugs are new. I took advantage of a sale plus free shipping while I had a chance. The mugs came with a container of their hot chocolate, which I haven't tried yet.


Another view in my kitchen, looking into the living room. That's Clementine on the heat vent.


This medley of vintage wood Santa bells is one of my Christmas favorites. I found these in a vintage shop several years ago. The Bailey's cups were found at Goodwill many years back.


Are you all done with Christmas prep? 
Would you like to join me in a glass of Merlot? 😉💓


7 comments:

  1. You house always looks so comfy and nice. I love how you have it decorated for the holidays. Sorry to hear about your medical issue, but so glad that you are on the mend. I think we are about ready for Christmas here. Anything else will wait until next week when my winter holiday from school begins. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Melanie, so very sorry to hear you were in the ER and hope so much all is well now. I'd be there to clink glasses with you if possible - but Bob and I will raise one to you from here at Christmas!
    Your home does look warm and cozy, love the set of Santa bells - Clementine has found a good spot I see.
    Happy holidays - and here's to a better year in 2022.
    Hugs - stay well from hereon - Mary & Bob xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your trip to the ER. Glad you are on the mend. Your home looks very cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the way the sun is shining through the red glasses! Dear Clementine just wants to be warm. Cats are so intelligent.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you had a trip to the ER. I hope you're feeling better. Your home looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to join you for a glass! Your home looks so warm and cozy. I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. You're so right, sometimes 'boring' looks really good. I've been so out of the blogging loop of late. It's been busy at our house, but I'm ready for Christmas. Merry Christmas to you, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better. Everything looks great for Christmas. Cannot believe we are winding down to the big day. This time of year goes so quickly and then January through May will drag for us. Feel better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!