Thursday, July 16, 2020

curtains and a new rug


Hello, friends!

In my last post I showed you how I was getting the guest bedroom put back together. But before I forget, a couple of people had asked me the name of this paint color that we used. I'm ashamed to admit that I don't remember! All I remember is that it was Behr paint that has primer in it. I looked on the paint can and the name is not on there. We used this color in our kitchen and in Brian's office, too, so you'd think I'd remember. If I eventually find out, I promise I will let you all know.

I finally got the curtains hung in this room. I still need to have Brian hang the iron "chandelier" in the corner above the dresser and we might possibly hang a heavy mirror on the other side of the room. And I found some pretty contact paper on Amazon for the closet shelf which came in the mail today, so that will be another small project to work on. Slowly, but surely.


I wanted some kind of tie backs for the curtains to hold them together in the middle. Previously, I used pieces of ribbon I had lying around. I wanted something nicer-looking this time. I went looking on Amazon and found these magnetic curtain clips.


 Aren't they pretty? They were easy to use and look much nicer than a piece of ribbon.


Here's the other window in the room where I have my desk.


I liked these magnetic curtain clips so much that I ordered another style for our bedroom curtains. I always had the gray curtains pulled to the side (closed at night ~ they're blackout curtains) and just the sheers hanging down over the blinds, but I like this new look. I would've taken a photo of the entire window ~ the curtains look the same on the other side ~ but I have a standing fan in front of the window and a pile of clean, folded on Brian's nightstand, so I left that reality out of the photo. 😉 The two framed photographs on the wall are our son's work.


I finally found a new rug for Brian's office! I've been looking for about six months. I've looked online and in stores. I've even purchased various rugs and ended up returning them because they didn't look good. This is a small room and we didn't want a rug taking up the entire space. We also didn't want a thick rug, as Brian's desk chair needs room to roll back without getting caught on a rug. His desk and desk chair are to the immediate left as you look into this room. You can see a peek of his desk chair wheel in the photo, if you look closely.


 I was at TJ Maxx the other other day and was not even looking for rugs. I happened to walk by a display stand with folded rugs on it and this cotton one caught my eye. I unfolded it and thought it might work. Brought it home, laid it on the floor and thought, "I think this is it." Brian got home from work, took one look at it and said, "Yes!" So it's a keeper.


As always, thank you for visiting and for your kind comments. They are much appreciated. 
Be well and safe.
💓





11 comments:

  1. I would be willing to come sit in that room for 14 days so that we could hang out. SIGH. I can't wait for this to be over so we can have lunch again. I love your home so much. It is happiness for my weary soul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorating is so clean and fresh, enough this and that to look homey, comfortable and show your personality without enough to look cluttered. Your rooms are perfection. Oh and I love that pillow in Brian's office, another items that is comfortable and shows who you are, an avid reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are pretty curtain clips! I've never noticed curtains pulled in at the middle like that but it looks very pretty the way you have it. I love your garden of house plants in front of the window! Your bedroom and Brian's office are looking beautiful too. I love area rugs! So does my daughter-in-law Courtney and Zack teases us about it but we just can't resist them. What's your next project, Melanie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Melanie. So pretty. Love those curtain ties. Super sweet and the rug is fabulous too.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those curtain ties. I've never heard of magnetic ones and we just got new curtains for my daughter's room. Might have to check those out! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello - I love the updates and especially your beautiful hardwood floor and new rug. Your home is just lovely. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This rooms looks SO inviting! I would be drawn here all the time. Love your curtains, and those magnetic hooks are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It just looks so wonderful, I am sure we all want to come and stay with you! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those curtain ties are sweet! I went straight to Amazon and put some on my shopping list. The rug is also great. Funny how the right rug adds so much to a room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the airy looking curtains. I need to put up some curtains, too. I have so much material that I am going to have to use some of it--come on ambition!!! Like your rug A LOT! Happy Sunday! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your curtain is beautiful and beautiful, I like it.
    At home I also use curtains like that that we choose.
    Your house is neat and clean like a cottage. It is beautiful!.

    Greetings from Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!