Monday, July 15, 2013

picture perfect weekend

 What a wonderful girl's day out I had on Saturday!
Me, my mom, and aunt spent the day in Evanston, which is a beautiful city
just north of Chicago.

Here's me, my aunt, and my mom at the antique shop where I got my
butler's table. This time I only bought a few vintage kitchen tools.
I'm hoping to find some kind of big wooden or ceramic bowl in my thrifting
adventures to use to display all these pretty vintage wares.


We had lunch at a place called, The Lucky Platter ~ which I've eaten at before
with Brian. Their food is fresh and delicious. My mom and aunt have numerous
food intolerances (and I may have too, but that's another story for another day),
so we have to be very careful where we eat.


After lunch, we went to a lakefront park to stroll, climb on rocks and take pictures,
and then just sit on a park bench in the shade to talk and people watch. We all
agreed that it was one of the most fun and relaxing days we'd had in a long time.


What a picture perfect day...


We could see part of the Chicago skyline from where we were...
 

Me and my little mama...precious time spent together.


What you'd do this weekend?


12 comments:

  1. Lunch sure looks yummy! Your pictures are gorgeous. I think Chicago is such a pretty city, especially along the water. We lived in Wheaton for 4 years when our children were young. Loved it!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicago is indeed a pretty city - lots of wonderful things to do, too - but not a desirable place to live in come winter!

      Delete
  2. It looks and sounds like you had a fun day out! The lake sure is gorgeous! I see lots of interesting things on the shelves there in the shop, that I would have nabbed and brought home with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that shop has tons of tempting stuff, believe me! :-)

      Delete
  3. What a nice day out. Your lunch looks really good. I would love to visit Chicago someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicago is a fantastic city to visit - so much to see and do! Thanks for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  4. Lovely blog, best regard from Belgium, have nice days summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lake looks gorgeous, and what a cute mom you have! Don't you just love days like that? Great weather, good food, shopping and of course, being with those you love. What could be better?!

    Ok...maybe a massage/facial, but let's not get greedy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melanie,

    I loved this post! You all look so relaxed and happy. Isn't it just amazing how a day can be spent like this, with people we love? These are the days that we remember, happy, free, and just being together. Thanks for taking us along, even for a bit!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You, your mom, and aunt are all lovely ladies. Thanks for sharing this special day with us fellow bloggers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!