Thursday, August 9, 2012

family room rearranging

In my last post, I showed where I put the IKEA cube in the basement family room, 
under the Chicago picture.



I decided while I was changing things around down there, that 
I'd move the treadmill. It used to be here - in front of all the books.
The floors are painted concrete, so to cushion and "warm" the area,
I used a rug that used to be in the living room.
Now I'm on the hunt for a little wooden table and chairs for this area.


I then moved the treadmill to the space on the other side of 
the basement where my son's drum set used to be.
The black and white tree picture on the wall was formerly in my living room.
 

The Dreadmill fits perfectly in this awkward space ~
and I thought by leaving it unfolded with my gym shoes nearby,
it would spur me to use it more often.


HA!


3 comments:

  1. I wish I had space for a treadmill. I sure could use it rather than getting out for 30 minutes every day in our heat. I like the burnt orange color of your walls. Everything is looking good. Have a lovely weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. First my friend...
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    Then, love seeing your basement. You have so much space. We are making a few changes and I am finding that I simply have too much furniture once again. Your basement is so cozy! Do you sit there often? I bet it is nice and cool in summer's heat? I am sure you will find the perfect table and chair. No tables floating around in another room?

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking great! I love IKEA..I wish we had one in our town.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!