Saturday, December 24, 2011

christmas eve random

Have had a really low-key, relaxing Christmas Eve...
Slept in, stripped the beds and got all the sheets and blankets washed
and back on the beds. 
Read my email and some blogs.
Met my in-laws for lunch at Famous Dave's.
Got home and took a mile walk with the hubby.
Since then, we've just watched some TV, played Dominoes
and Backgammon while drinking wine and munching on 
some pretzels and chips.
Going to watch our favorite Christmas movie ~
A Christmas Story 
when it comes on TV in 1/2 hour.

In the meantime...
My "baby's" 21st birthday was on the 19th!
We took him out to dinner at Weber Grill.
You can see where he gets his wavy hair from. :-)



Tim is a drummer and he needed a new snare, so that was his
main birthday present.


And, of course...what's a 21st birthday without a six-pack
of different, cool beers?


Totally changing subjects (told you this was going to be random!),
I had to share this shot of Clementine and Zippo.
I thought it was so sweet how they were sleeping with just the
lower part of their bodies touching.


Monkey is very hard on scratching posts - he really tears them up.
(He likes my couches too, unfortunately.)
Here's the happy kitty with his new scratching post.


My movie is just about to start, so here's wishing you all a
happy, healthy, and joyous Christmas.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day to me. Happy birthday to Tim! I would like that cool collection of beers for my birthday! No alcohol allowed in Kuwait though. Boo! Your kitties are so cute. Jingles loves her scratching post and my furniture too. And we just got new plants that she is eating. Hubby is none too happy about that. Oh well! We had friends over for Christmas Eve, ordered pizza and I made two salads. It's been very warm here lately -- which is why me and my 13 year old are waking up with headaches every day. Today's just won't go away and it is time to go to bed. :/ Merry Christmas to you and yours, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love your kitties! I too have wavy hair. Keep it fairly short though to keep it tamed.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...your two kitties sleeping together like that is so sweet!

    Your son's hair is exactly like yours! Looks like he had a fun birthday.

    Hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melanie! I can read that you had an enjoyable Christmas but wanted to stop in and wish you a 2012 filled with happiness and joy!

    WOW! Is Tim really 21 now? Hard to believe. Where does time go? Please wish him a happy belated birthday from me.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!