Saturday, December 18, 2010

little comforts

Oatmeal-raisin bars under a cloche, a vintage Marshall Fields Christmas crock (found at Goodwill) and a pretty red crock of kitchen tools at the ready...


Candlelight to make things cozier, especially on a cold, winter day...


Red glass bottles to brighten up a gray view...



 A loaf of cranberry-pecan bread...so good with a steaming mug of tea or coffee...



Pussycats (Clementine and Monkey) sleeping the afternoon away...

And a collection of snowmen gracing a kitchen shelf...


Warm winter hugs...
Melanie

9 comments:

  1. How delightful your blog is. I love all that you mentioned in this post. Of course, I adore cats and I love loaf cakes, crocks and pretty candles. Your post makes me smile. I love your header and wonder who that lovely cat is. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of the sweetly napping kitties... and the snowmen! Ahhh, you better keep an eye on them..... they might just be gone one of these days via "stealth Linda"!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of the gray window view with the red bottles is stunning! Show it to your son! :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is comfy, cozy and delightful. And that Clementine and Monkey, just adorable! Blessings to you this holiday season. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be right over to have some cranberry bread and to pet the kitty cats!! Put the hot chocolate on now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing better on a cold snowy day then staying inside, baking something yummy and snuggling with adorable cats. Your home looks so cozy for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all says come in and be cozy. And that is just what your new furbabies are doing by the looks of it. :-) I love your red crock full of utensils by the way.

    Merry Christmas dear Melanie!

    Christmas hugs,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely pics Melanie! Just my style!
    Thanks for coming by to visit me and your sweet comments too!
    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!