Saturday, August 14, 2010

latest goodwill finds

My mom has always said I have a "good eye". I was browsing in Goodwill and zeroed in on these mugs. I knew immediately by the detail on the mugs, that they were something unique...


Close-up detail on one of the mugs. Love these quaint village scenes!


When I find dishes or glassware that I think is quality, I immediately turn the item over to see who the maker is. Yes, sometimes I'm disappointed when I see "made in China" - and I pass those items up. I'm thrilled when I see "made in England" or "made in Germany". This time, it was Dunoon - made in Scotland. Cool! I looked on eBay when I got home and these bring some decent money. I haven't made up my mind yet if I'll keep them or put them on eBay in October when people start looking for winter-themed items. I paid just 99 cents each for these mugs.


Some good novels...79 cents each. Can't beat that!


Cute "the Sak" purse...$4.99. Retails for $60 on thesak website.


I even the love bottom of "the Sak" purses.

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading A Year by the Sea! Let me know what you think of it after you've read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, I read this book a few years ago. I want to re-read it. Currently reading her newest one, A Weekend to Change Your Life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!