Saturday, June 26, 2010

day tripping







Last week, hubby and I both had a day off work, so we headed up to one of our favorite little getaway destinations - Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. It's only a 40 min. drive from our house and since it's a resort town (known as The Hamptons of the Midwest), boasts blocks of quaint shops and restaurants, beautiful scenery, and of course, the famous Lake.



One of my favorite shops to browse in - and how charming is the building! I want the windows on MY house surrounded by ivy and window boxes full of flowers.




Walking around on a hot, humid midwestern afternoon calls for a stop at Caribou Coffee for an icy drink...


I sipped on a dark chocolate iced mocha while reading "South of Broad". Hubby had an icy pomegranate green tea...


There's my handsome guy, totally oblivious to my picture-taking...


And here's me, in front of bistro 220, which is a restaurant. Umm...we didn't eat here, but I thought the building was so pretty, that I had to take some pictures. Believe it or not, not too long ago this gorgeous structure was a dilapidated four-family apartment building.


Check out the lovely landscaping...


I love the simplicity and juxtaposition of these colorful pots lined up on a stone ledge...


I fell in love in Lake Geneva. With a red metal bench. Had no price tag and I didn't feel like going in the store and asking the price. I need to call...maybe it's cheaper than I think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!