Thursday, June 3, 2010

blessed nest



I have this little obsession with birds lately. Ceramic, wood, resin, glass...white, brown, green, blue...doesn't matter. I have little birdies perched on shelves, bookcases, side tables; tucked between plants, and hovering under cloches. Faux eggs are clustered in teacups and votive candle holders. So I thought for the Spring season, I'd do a bird vingette on the buffet in my living room. See the colorful bird picture in back, leaning against the wall? I made that with scrapbook and stamping materials.


5 comments:

  1. I'm a bird fan, too, Melanie. They're sweet and bring a lovely touch of nature to your decor. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to see you blogging again. Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog. You're so creative with decorating from the "treasures" you find. It's just amazing what you're able to do. I love the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melanie! How great to see you blogging again. I have always thought you living room is such a warm and inviting place and now even for the birds. They would happily roost with you I think.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!