Friday, February 17, 2017

book review ~ radical beauty




I've always found Deepak Chopra's theories on alternative medicine interesting, so I was excited to read and review this book. Dr. Chopra is an acclaimed advocate for integrative medicine, the founder of the Chopra Foundation and co-founder of the Chopra Center for Well-Being. He's also the author of more than 80 books and has been described by Time magazine as "one of the top 100 heroes and icons of the century".

Kimberly Snyder is a New York Times best-selling author, nutritionist, and beauty expert. She hosts the popular podcast, Beauty Inside Out.

This book was broken down into six parts, or "pilars":

 Internal Nourishment
 External Nourishment
 Peak Beauty Sleep
 Primal Beauty
 Beautiful Movement
 Spiritual Beauty


There's also an appendix of a few healthy recipes (salads, soups, entrees and desserts). I found the information in this book easy to understand, educational, and inspiring for taking care of yourself in a holistic and healthy way. I'd highly recommend this book.

I received "Radical Beauty" from Blogging for Books for my honest, personal opinion review.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds interesting, Melanie. It's always nice to get an honest review from someone you know. Have a great Friday! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. This one sounds good. Off to check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound interesting. I hope that you will be having a lovely warm weekend and time to get out and explore your beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review, Melanie! Once I make it through these next few weeks, I can maybe open my mind to more changes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! I love the mind/body connection we are reading about more and more.

    Are you loving the weather? We are at the lake to really get some sun!!

    How is it going with you health wise? Drop me a line when you have a chance.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds interesting. I've never known much about Deepak Chopra.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment - I read and appreciate each one!